Spin Class Reservations
All Spin classes require advanced sign up to guarantee a spot in the class. You may sign up for a Spin class one day in advance at the Equipment Desk or by calling 617-552-0796.
Please note: if you sign up but do not arrive 5 minutes prior to your class, your space may be released to an alternate on the waitlist. Repetitive no shows will be noted and may not be granted the privilege to take classes.
General Group Fitness Policies
- Please arrive on time for class and avoid leaving early if possible. Late arrivals are not allowed in the room 5 minutes after the start of class. If you must leave early, please let your instructor know at the beginning of class.
- Entering a class in progress is prohibited. Please refrain from entering the room before the current class has finished completely.
- Please follow the instructor’s routine and keep conversations to a minimum.
- Appropriate athletic attire is required. Please be modest with your tops and bottoms. Shirts covering the midriff must be worn at all times, in all classes (including yoga). Jeans or pants with buttons/hardware are not permitted.
- All personal items should be kept in a locker or cubby. Staff is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- Mobile phone use is not allowed during class. Phones must be left in a locker or cubby during class.
- Personal music devices may not be used during class.
- No food or drink except water in a closed, unbreakable container is permitted.
- Profanity, excessively loud or offensive language, will not be tolerated.
- Only BC Recreation approved staff are permitted to teach in facilities during scheduled class times.
- Approval is required for use of studio during unscheduled times.
- Individual use of the facility stereo equipment is prohibited.
- Instructors reserve the right to cancel a group fitness class if two or fewer participants are in attendance.
Spin Room Policies
- You can reserve a spot in class up to 24 hours in advance by calling the Equipment Desk at 617-552-0796. If you do not arrive 5 minutes prior to class, your space may be released.
- Free hand towels are available for use and also recommended. Please make sure to return the towel when you leave the room.
- Participants may not adjust the cycles other than handle bar height, seat height, and adding a gel pad (no bringing your own pedals, seats, etc…).
- Certain stretches on the bike are not allowed to increase the longevity of the bike and for your safety. Please follow instructor’s directions.
- Please clean your bike after use.
- A water bottle is greatly recommended.
Warning: Special-effect lighting may be used at the discretion of the instructor. If you have a health concern related to the lighting please information the instructor prior to the start of class.
Group fitness classes at the Quonset Hut follow these policies as well, with the exception of Spin reservations. Spin classes at the Hut are on a first come, first served basis.