Campus Recreation offers many opportunities for undergraduate and graduate student employment.
If you would like to apply for any positions, fill out the PDF application, save it to your computer and hand deliver it to the Member Services Office in the Flynn Recreation Complex. Some jobs may not have a PDF application. Instead, email the listed documents or information to the person listed in the job description.
Please note, all BC Rec employees will be expected to know and understand the information outlined in the Universal Staff Manual. If you have any additional questions about student employment, please e-mail email@example.com.
Spring 2017 Available Positions
Water Safety Instructor (Private/Semi-Private & Swim Lessons)
- Provide WSI based instruction to youth and adults
- Teach lesson in packs of five, 30-60 minute blocks
- Consistent weekly schedule
- Certifications (WSI)
Starting pay rate: $16.25/hr
- Prevent aquatic-related emergencies as a member of a risk management team
- Provide great customer service
- Perform basic maintenance tasks
- Assist with special needs of members and guests in compliance with ADA regulations
- Assist as a member of an event management team
- Current CPR/AED, First Aid & Lifeguard certifications
- Pass staff in-service skill test
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent physical and mental strength
Starting pay rate: $11.50/hr
- Photograph events, classes, games, etc. at Campus Recreation
- Design posters, flyers, TV slides, schedules, forms, etc.
- Help with various other projects
- Strong Photography background
- Able to work nights/weekend (1-2 hour shifts to photograph events)
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Creative with good organizational skills
- A portfolio of your work ready to submit
Starting pay rate: $11.75/hr