How We Work
office of marketing communications
OMC welcomes inquiries about various types of projects from University departments and programs focused on external promotions. We will determine if your project should be handled by our staff or if you would be better served by working with one of our external vendors.
Before contacting OMC, you should have a general sense of the scope of your project, such as:
- Will you need writing, design, and/or photography?
- What format will best suit your objectives—brochure, booklet, other?
- What is your overall budget?
- When do you need delivery?
The last question is a key one, as the creative and production process can take anywhere from several weeks to many months. (See our sample time estimates below.)
Once you have thought about these questions, you will have the information OMC needs to get started.
Sample Time Estimates
- brochure/booklet: 6-8 weeks
- invitation/program: 8-10 weeks (depending on event and mailing schedules)
- bulletin/viewbook; reprints: 10-12 weeks; new design: 8-12 months
- special event: 3 months minimum