Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

Post-arrival Information

Class Registration

Undergraduate students will register for classes at their orientation and exchange students will register through Office of International Programs (OIP). Graduate students should register via UVIEW or UDIAL either before or upon arrival. Visit the Course Registration Frequently Asked Questions page on the Student Services website for more information: /offices/stserv/

Some frequently asked questions regarding registering for classes are below.

Q: Where do I find the list of courses that are offered for the semester?
A:There are three ways to view the Schedule of Courses. First, you can go to /courses and select Course Descriptions and then Course Schedule. Second, you can pick up a Schedule of Courses newspaper in the lower level of Lyons Hall. Third, you can click on Course Offering Schedule from your Agora Portal list.

Q: How do I register?
A: Students register using either:

  • "Register for Courses" link under "My Services" through your Agora Portal account.
  • U-Dial voice response system
  • U-View using the University's Information Systems (UIS)

Q: What do I need to access the registration system?
A: You will need the following:

  1. Username or Eagle Number
  2. Password
  3. Access code (undergraduates in A&S, CSOM, CSON, and LSOE only)
  4. Degree audits and advisors


Username and PIN

Each BC person has a unique username which is assigned when you first become a member of the BC community. You must enter your username (and password) to gain access to various computer services at B.C. such as email and class registration Your username can also be used to receive email (e.g., A student usually receives his/her username either by mail and/or in a letter or during orientation. If you do not know your user name contact Information Technology Services' Help Desk 617-552-HELP (2-4357)

Eagle One Card

The Eagle-One Card is a multi-purpose identification and debit account card which serves as the official ID cared of Boston College. To obtain an ID card, go to the Student Services Office Located in Lyons 112. Bring proof of identification.

Account Questions and Tuition Payment

Office of Student Services (617) 552-3300 or 1-800-294-0294

On-Campus Employment

Job postings and information

All international students MUST receive permission from OISS before beginning any work.

Undergraduate Students: Students will not be eligible to work until SECOND semester unless you are transferring from another American university.

Graduate Students: If you have an assistantship or have attended an American university prior to coming to BC, then you are eligible to work in your first semester. If not, you will need to obtain a letter from your academic department stating that you are capable of handling work in addition to your academic requirements.

Social Security Numbers


As of October 13, 2004 all students are required to have both a letter of permission from OISS AND a job offer letter. You CANNOT apply for a social security number unless you have secured a job. Although many institutions (landlords, banks, cell-phone companies etc.) will ask for a social security number, by law you are not required to have one.

Note!!! You may have received correspondence from BC which states your “social security number” beginning with a “9”. This is NOT a social security number but rather a “dummy” number used for BC purposes only.

Immigration Check-in

You must come to the OISS with all of your immigration documents NO LATER than Friday, January 25th. You will be considered out of immigration status if you do not do this!

Change your Address

You must notify the OISS of any change of address with in 10 days of the change to do this simply update your local address in Agora. Your address will then be electronically transmitted to the OISS, and then to the Department of Homeland Security.

Please follow these instructions when updating your address.