A SERVICE IMMERSION TRIP TO JAMAICA
Deadline to apply for the
Jamaica Magis Service/Immersion trip
is December 5!
Please click here to apply!
What does Magis mean? St. Ignatius coined the term when he started "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" or "for the Glory of God." Magis in the vision of St. Ignatius was meant to mean the "more." It is meant to make us question where do we find more in our lives? Is there Magis in our relationships? Our faith and spiritual life? Is there Magis in our love and affection? We named our trip Magis because through the good works of service we remember to fuel our more.
The goals of the trip are to support participants as they deepen their relationship with God by:
- Engaging in Service
- Being reflective on issues of faith and social justice
- Being loving
Building Community: We aim to find God in all things and each other. Always aiming for the more by building a diverse community rooted in love-One Love!
“But the important thing is not looking at the poor from afar, or helping from afar. No, no! It is going to touch and encounter them. This is the Christian! This is what Jesus taught: to go meet the most needy,” Pope Francis
- Offer students the opportunity to learn about the life of and be in solidarity with people who have been socially, politically and economically marginalized.
- Learn aspects of Jamaican culture through a series of readings, discussions, and speakers, and community projects.
- Share individual skills, resources, and gifts for the purpose of creating a more just society and world.
- Nurturer and challenge faith lives through worship and daily encounters with Jamaicans in an ecumenical setting.
Contact the Magis staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply for the 2014 trip is December 5, 2013. The trip will take place from May 21-June 1, 2014. Click here for an application. Meetings begin in January 2014..
See our slideshow from our 2013 trip!