A SERVICE IMMERSION TRIP TO JAMAICA
What does Magis mean? St. Ignatius coined the term when he started "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" or "for the Glory of God." Magis in the vision of St. Ignatius was meant to mean the "more." It is meant to make us question where do we find more in our lives? Is there Magis in our relationships? Our faith and spiritual life? Is there Magis in our love and affection? We named our trip Magis because through the good works of service we remember to fuel our more.
The goals of the trip are to support participants as they deepen their relationship with God by:
- Engaging in service
- Being reflective on issues of faith and social justice and finding God with others
- Being loving
- Being attentive
- Building community: We aim to find find God in all things and each other. We're always aiming for the more by building a diverse community rooted in love-- One Love!
- Learn about the life of and be in solidarity with people who have been socially, politically, and economically marginalized
- Learn aspects of of Jamaican culture through a series of readings, discussions, speakers, and community projects
- Share individual skills, resources, and gifts for the purpose of creating a more just society and world
- Nurture and challenge faith lives through worship and daily encounters with Jamaicans in an ecumenical setting
The application process is now open for the Winter 2017 trip to Jamaica. Follow thse steps to apply:
- Open the Jamaica Magis Application page
- Select Apply for Program
- Log-in with your BC credentials (username and password that you use for Agora)
- Click the Go To button that appears to the left of Jamaica Magis Winter 2017 Application (required form)
- Enter in your responses. All fields are required.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
If you would like to support our program, please click on the image above. In the section that says, "I wish to make my gift to" select Jamaica Magis from the list.
Visit: McElroy 233