Arrupe International Immersion Program
Boston College Campus Ministry’s Arrupe International Immersion Program empowers participating undergrad students, primarily through undergrad “Student Leaders” and post-undergrad “Mentors,” to build intentional life- and faith-sharing communities. Together with their mentors, undergrad students learn about the complex reality, from a historical, social, economic, political and religious perspective, of people from another country who
struggle in poverty.
The program is named in honor of Fr. Pedro Arrupe, a past Superior General of the Society of Jesus, a.k.a. the Jesuit, the Catholic religious order which founded Boston College, and whose charism and vision animate the University. Fr. Arrupe believed that living the gospel requires effective solidarity with a suffering world. He was a pioneer in urging the combination of pastoral concern, biblical reflection and social analysis.
ARRUPE APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN!
Please read these important notes before applying:
- When using the link, log in with you BC Agora credentials.
- The Application system times out for security reasons. It is wise to craft your responses for the essays in a Word/Google doc ahead of time and then paste them in.
- The Application asks several questions that will be important for us to know, should you be selected for the program for this year (i.e. passport number, emergency contact info, etc). If you don't have a passport yet, don't stress, leave it blank.
- When you have the option to select a Trip Preference, please keep in mind that while we try our best to honor everyone's preferences, it is ultimately most helpful if you indicate "Open to Any Trip."
- If you know others who are applying, please don't apply for the same trip. We encourage people to build community with new folks through this experience.
- Finally, when selecting Trip Preference, you'll notice previous dates displayed. Be sure to select an option for 2015-16 or "Open to Any Trip"
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR ARRUPE
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY, MARCH 20th at 5 PM.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.