Program Requirements and Application
Service is integral to student life at Boston College and 4Boston recognizes that there are many volunteer opportunities. Due to the current constraints of our placements and resources, 4Boston asks prospective volunteers to submit an application and to interview with council members. The 4Boston council determines which candidates are best able to make a full commitment of themselves to a volunteer placement, to a reflection group, and to the three pillars of 4Boston: community, spirituality, and social justice. The application process takes place annually in September.
Please attend one of the information sessions:
4Boston Information Sessions:
Wednesday, August 30 at 7 PM in Walsh Function Room
Wednesday, September 6 at 7 PM in Stuart Dining Hall (Newton)
Tuesday, September 12 at 7 PM in Eagle’s Nest (McElroy Commons)
- - Complete the 4Boston Application by NOON on Friday, September 15
- - Sign up for an interview. All interviews will take place in the 4Boston office, Carney 373
- - Applicants will be notified of their application status by October 1
- - All volunteers are expected to attend the 4Boston Commissioning on Tuesday, October 3
It is our hope that after participating in 4Boston:
- Students will continue engage their communities beyond Boston College, seeking kinship and solidarity with their neighbors.
- Students will cultivate spiritual practices of perpetual discernment and reflection.
- Students will identify pathways of injustice and continue to assess their roles and responsibilities in building more peaceful and just communities.