January 7 - 11, 2015
What is Manresa?
- Campus Ministry's annual directed retreat for undergraduate students based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, inspired by his experience of discernment in the cave in Manresa, Spain
- A time of quiet, reflection, and prayer with an open, flexible schedules in a setting of real peace
- A powerful experience of community, faith, and discernment
- Takes place at BC's beautiful Connors Family Retreat Center in Dover, MA
what's it like?
- Plenty of time to rest, explore the grounds, pray, reflect, and just be, free of the pressures and stress of daily campus life
- Retreatants can follow the structure of St. Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises if they'd like
- Retreatants meet with a spiritual director each day for individual meetings with any of several campus ministers, priests, or other BC faculty/staff to discuss faith and life. (View a more comprehensive description of spiritual direction)
- Each day includes a Liturgy of the Eucharist and a prayer service, from reconciliation to thanksgiving and meditation
Who can go?
- The retreat is open to any undergraduate student at BC
- Note to graduate students: the retreat will give preference to undergraduates and will place graduate students on the retreat if there are open spots by the end of registration. We recommend that interested graduate students register in case this happens, and understand that spots may not become available
- The retreat's religious focus is Christianity in the Roman Catholic tradition; there is no faith requirement for the retreat. Directors will be coming from, and are not limited to, a Catholic Christian perspective
- The cost to attend the retreat is $75
(Campus Ministry ensures that cost will not prevent anyone from attending: contact Rick Rossi with any questions regarding the fee)
- Residential Life will grant early access to dorms to return belongings before the retreat
- Campus Ministry provides optional transportation to and from the retreat center