January 13 - 17, 2016
What is Manresa?
- Campus Ministry's annual directed retreat for undergraduate students based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, inspired by his experience of discernment in the cave in Manresa, Spain
- A time of quiet, reflection, and prayer with an open, flexible schedules in a setting of real peace
- A powerful experience of community, faith, and discernment
- Takes place at BC's beautiful Connors Family Retreat Center in Dover, MA
what's it like?
- Plenty of time to rest, explore the grounds, pray, reflect, and just be, free of the pressures and stress of daily campus life
- Retreatants can follow the structure of St. Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises if they'd like
- Retreatants meet with a spiritual director each day for individual meetings with any of several campus ministers, priests, or other BC faculty/staff to discuss faith and life. (View a more comprehensive description of spiritual direction)
- Each day includes a Liturgy of the Eucharist and a prayer service, from reconciliation to thanksgiving and meditation
Who can go?
- The retreat is open to any undergraduate student at BC
- After applying, students will meet with a Campus Minister to learn more about the retreat and to determine whether the retreat is a good fit for them
- Note to graduate students: the retreat will give preference to undergraduates and will place graduate students on the retreat if there are open spots by the end of registration. We recommend that interested graduate students register in case this happens, and understand that spots may not become available
- The retreat's religious focus is Christianity in the Roman Catholic tradition; there is no faith requirement for the retreat. Directors will be coming from, and are not limited to, a Catholic Christian perspective
- The cost to attend the retreat is $75
(Campus Ministry ensures that cost will not prevent anyone from attending: contact Ellen Modica with any questions regarding the fee)
- Residential Life will grant early access to dorms to return belongings before the retreat
- Campus Ministry provides optional transportation to and from the retreat center
How to Apply
- Open the Manresa Retreat application page
- Select Apply for Program
- Enter your BC credentials and select Enter BC username and password and click here to proceed
- Click the Go To button that appears to the left of Manresa Application (required form)
- Enter your responses
- Select the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- You have successfully submitted your application and will be contacted soon to schedule a meeting with a Campus Minister to discuss the retreat