The Interfaith Coalition, formerly known as Interfaith Dialogue Club, has the ability to act with compassion, love, and respect towards all humankind, regardless of cultural background, is of paramount importance. The ability to engage in dialogue between different faith traditions has become increasingly important in order to gain an inter-religious and inter-cultural perspective on global affairs, as well as a way to strengthen one's own faith.
We hope to engage in all forms of dialogue, such as visiting worship services, engaging in service projects or sharing personal testimonies in a small group setting.
If anyone is interested in interfaith dialogue or multifaith learning opportunities, please contact Reverend McLendon. In 2014-2015, Campus Ministry's Multifaith Office will be putting on a Multifaith Thanksgiving Celebration, the Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Gathering, and an Ecumenical Prayer for Christian Unity.
Annual Commonground Retreat
November 13, 14, 15, 2015
Join us for the Multifaith Center's annual Commonground retreat! Serve with BC students from diverse faith backgrounds on a Habitat for Humanity building project in Lowell, MA. The program includes Friday dinner and reflection (6 PM), Saturday breakfast, lunch, and service in Lowell (7:15 AM - 4:30 PM, transportation provided), and Sunday dinner and closing reflection (4:30 PM). There is no overnight commitment. Space is limited! Cost: $20.
Apply for the Common Ground Retreat:
- Open the Common Ground Retreat application page
- Select Apply for Program
- Enter your BC credentials (username and password that you use for Agora) and select Enter BC username and password and click here to proceed
- Click the Go To button that appears to the left of Common Ground Application (required form)
- Enter in your application information. Required fields are in bold.
- Select the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- You have successfully submitted your application and will be contacted with more information about the retreat in the near future.
- Those who are confirmed as attending the retreat will be asked to submit the $20 retreat fee at a later date.
Reverend Howard McLendon