Recruitment for rising Sophomores and Juniors will take place during Spring semester 2016. Applications are due on March 2, 2016.
- Boston College undergraduates
- Citizens of the United States or permanent residents
- Must have a cumulative 2.8 GPA or above
- Applicants must fall within one of these 2 groups:
- Meet income guidelines specified by the Department of Education; and have neither parent graduated from a four-year college in the United States;
- Or be from an underrepresented group in graduate education
Complete the entire application, and carefully review your information. The application along with the essay can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bring or send these materials to our office at 50 College Rd.
- Completed McNair Appplication. Download application in Microsoft Word
- Unofficial copy of your transcript
- Two forms of recommendation: one from a professor in your major (preferable), and the other from an employer or other person who is not a family member
- Proof of income: a copy of last year’s tax forms from you or your parent (s)/guardian, or your student aid report (SAR) from FAFSA
- An essay of 2 pages or less:
- Your reasons for choosing to participate in the McNair Program
- Your plans after graduation in regards to furthering your education and your career goals
- How the McNair Program will help you fulfill your plans in regard to your education and career