Resources on Campus
lgbt@bc (the association of lesbian and gay faculty, staff, administrators, and their allies at boston college)
- Guide to LGBT Courses: The BC Library no longer maintains this guide. For relevant courses on campus, do keyword search in the BC online course catalog.
- Gender and Sexuality Studies Research Guide: A BC Libraries interdisciplinary guide to reference materials that includes the field of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender studies.
- LGBT Life with Full Text: An online database featuring more than 120 of the most important and historically significant LGBT journals, magazines, and regional newspapers, as well as more than 150 full-text monographs/books.
- The GLBTQ Leadership Council (GLC) is a semi-independent branch of Boston College's Undergraduate Government (UGBC).
- Allies is a student organization that works to advance understanding of issues, concerns, and needs regarding sexual orientation among undergraduates at Boston College.
- Lambda Law is a coalition of LGBT law school students, staff, faculty, and supporters.
- Spectrum is an organization for Graduate School of Social Work students interested in educating and informing the larger social work community about diversity, homophobia, heterosexism, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- GIFTS is a GLBT Inclusive Fellowship of Theology Students.
- Graduate Pride Alliance is a graduate student group supported by the Office of Graduate Student Life.
Relevant Campus Offices and Departments
- Office of the Dean Students offers various resources to support LGBTQ students.
- Office for Institutional Diversity advances and sustains an inclusive and diverse Boston College Community.
- Women's Resource Center offers a peer-led support group for lesbian, bisexual, and questioning female students at Boston College.
- Boston College Career Center has specific career resources for LGBT students and alumni.
- The Diversity Committee of the University Counseling Services serves "to foster efforts that promote a broad definition of diversity and inclusivity within the Boston College community."