information technology services
Some suggestions about what technology to bring to BC:
- Your laptop. Get started with your computer at BC.
- UL-approved fire and surge protector strip (required by BC's Offices of Fire & Safety and Residential Life)
- If you bring a TV, you will need a coaxial cable to plug it in.
- Backup your important files. To make sure you don't lose important files if your computer stops working, you should back up your computer on a regular basis. You can use an online service, such as CrashPlan, DropBox, or Carbonite. You might also consider purchasing a flashdrive or external hard drive. Also, BC Google Drive offers you an unlimited amount of space to store files.
- Prepare to print. Students can print to laser printers in O'Neill Library from anywhere on campus. You are given $15.00 in PrintBucks each semester (equivalent to 500 black and white pages). Learn more about printing at BC.
- If you bring a wireless printer, you will need a USB cable to use it on campus. Wireless printers are designed to work in home network environments, and therefore will not work wirelessly on a campus network environment.
Need Help During Move-In?
Technology help will be available onsite during move-in. Just ask for help when you check in at your residence hall. See the hours of operation for the Walk-In Help Desk and Help Center [617-552-HELP (4357)].