Technology Training Calendar
communications and training
Register for Training
The class calendar, registration, and course descriptions are all available below. All classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will be sent a calendar invitation confirming your registration.
- Select the "Register" tab below to access the registration form. For best results, please use Chrome as the browser.
- Complete the form.
- You will be sent a Google Calendar invitation confirming access. If a class is full, you will be wait-listed.
NOTE: Simply adding a class from the calendar below to your Google calendar does not register you for training.
Intro to Adobe Experience Manager
- Please select the "Register" tab on this page to view the schedule and register.
- You will receive an email from Web Support with further instructions, and a Google Calendar invitation confirming your registration.
Course Description: Only register for this class if you manage BC web content with AEM and have permission from your website manager to do so. All registrations will
This class is for people who currently manage web content in Adobe Experience Manager, BC’s web Content Management System.
This session will cover:
- The layout of Adobe Experience Manager and how to access content.
- Using the Sidekick.
- Editing existing pages in AEM.
- Creating new pages in AEM.
- Adding text and image components to a page.
- Activating a page.
- Tips, tricks, and things to consider when using AEM.
If you've all set with the basics of Google Calendar - setting up events, replying to invitations, etc. - this class covers some more advanced Calendar functions, including:
- Using Quick Add
- Creating events from emails
- Creating new calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Adding Mobile Notifications
- Emailing a daily agenda from a calendar
- Adding attachments to events
- Using Appointment Slots
- Calendar Labs
- Adding maps and directions to an event
This hands-on session covers introduces functions and formulas to help make your Excel spreadsheets more efficient and easy-to-use. Objectives include:
Using Functions to create formulas easily.
Calculating functions using AutoSum
Manipulating formulas within the Excel worksheet.
Prerequisites: Participants should have a working knowledge of Excel, including how to enter data, work with cells and ranges, and navigate a worksheet. They should also be familiar with general Windows OS desktop navigation and using menus, scrollbars, and dialog boxes.
This two-part hands-on class is designed for those individuals who have little or no prior experience with Excel.
Upon successful completion of Part I, participants will have learned how to:
- Navigate the Excel Workbook.
- Create a basic worksheet by entering text and values.
- Work with cells and cell data by using a variety of moving and copying techniques.
- Perform basic calculations on data.
Upon successful completion of Part II, participants will be able to:
- Change the appearance of worksheet data by using a variety of formatting techniques.
- Understand sorting techniques.
- Prepare their document for printing.
Google Drive is a great tool to create, store, and share files of all types.. This session is designed to introduce you to Drive and its capabilities, and help you decide how you may be able to use it at BC.
This hands-on training class will cover:
- What is Drive?
- How to access.
- File types/storage of Google files, including Docs, Sheets, and Forms
- Sharing files using Drive
- Real time collaboration
- Plenty of time for your questions
Learn to protect yourself from the various email, phone, and other scams that try to steal your private information, including BC or personal data. This session covers tips to help identify these scams and teach you about the best ways to deal with them.