Higgins Hall Classroom Audiovisual Instructions
a guide to using your classroom audiovisual equipment
Before using the audiovisual equipment, you must attend a training session with a qualified MTS technician. Once you have completed the training you will be given access to the equipment. Call 2-4219 to set up a appointment today.
- Press the PROJ PWR button. The Crestron panel will read PROJ POWERING UP.
- Wait 30 seconds before pressing any other buttons. The projector will show a progressively darker blue screen as it warms up.
- Locate the projector UP/DOWN switch to the left of the closet, under the chalk tray.
- Remove the 12 foot 15 pin cable from the cabinet drawer.
- Locate the silver connection panel under the chalkboard at the far right.
- Connect your laptop using the cable into either the COMPUTER 1 or COMPUTER 2 plug.
- Plug your laptop's power supply into the nearest convenient power outlet.
- To connect to the Internet, plug your Ethernet cable unto the Internet jack on the silver connection panel.
- On the Crestron panel, press the LAPTOP button (button 5).
- On the Crestron panel, press the AUTO IMAGE button in the top middle of the panel to center your display on the screen.
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen —
On Windows, hold down the following laptop keys simultaneously:
- The (Fn) key located on the bottom left of the keyboard, and...
- The corresponding monitor “F” key located across the top of the keyboard. The specific “F” key varies on laptops, therefore look for the ”F” key displaying two monitor symbols or labeled (LCD/CRT)
On Mac OS X, hold down the "F" key displaying two monitor symbols (usually F7).
Display DVD or VCR:
- The DVD player and VCR will automatically turn on when the system starts.
- Insert your disc or VHS tape into the player.
- On the Crestron panel, press the VCR button.
Press the PROGRAM button, then adjust the volume knob.
Turn off your laptop.
Disconnect the 15 pin cable from your laptop and return it to the drawer.
Press the PROJ PWR button twice. The Crestron panel will read "Projector Powering Down."
Raise the projector screen by pressing the wall switch up.
Lack the equipment up before you leave the room.