Higgins Hall Classroom Audiovisual instructions
a guide to using your classroom audiovisual equipment
Before using the audiovisual equipment, you must attend a training session with a qualified MTS technician. Once you have completed the training you will be given access to the equipment. Call 2-4219 to set up a appointment today.
- Turn on master switch. This is the RED button at the top of the rack.
- Using the NEC Remote Control, aim towards projector. Press and hold for 3 seconds the ON button at the top right of remote. A blue image should appear on the screen within a minute.
- Lower the screen by pressing down the button under the blackboard labeled Projection Screen.
- Turn on the VCR.
- Insert VHS Tape into the player.
- Using NEC Remote, select the Video button to display the VCR on the screen.
- To adjust volume, use the Master knob on the TOA mixer in the closet.
- Remove the 15 PIN Cable from shelf in closet.
- Use this cable to connect your laptop to the wall socket under chalkboard labeled Input.
- Using NEC Remote, select the RGB 1 button to display the laptop on the screen.
- Turn on your laptop.
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen —
On Windows, hold down the following laptop keys simultaneously:
- The (Fn) key located on the bottom left of the keyboard, and...
- The corresponding monitor “F” key located across the top of the keyboard. The specific “F” key varies on laptops, therefore look for the ”F” key displaying two monitor symbols or labeled (LCD/CRT)
On Mac OS X, hold down the "F" key displaying two monitor symbols (usually F7).
- Turn off your laptop.
- Disconnect the 15 Pin cable from wall panel and store back on the shelf in the closet.
- Aim the NEC Remote at the projector. Press and hold the OFF button for 3 seconds.
NOTE: You will not be able to restart the projector until it has completed cooling down. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Raise the projection screen.
- Turn off the master switch.
- Make sure the closet door is secured before exiting the classroom.