Audiovisual Instructions - Wall/Panel Input
a guide to using your classroom audiovisual equipment
Before using the audiovisual equipment, you must attend a training session with a qualified MTS technician. Once you have completed the training you will be given access to the equipment. Call 2-4219 to set up a appointment today.
- Press and hold for three seconds the DISPLAY POWER button on the Extron panel. The green and red lights will flash while the projector warms up — this is normal.
- Wait 45 seconds. The projector will count down as it warms up. DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS ON THE PANEL BEFORE THE 45 SECONDS IS COMPLETE.
- On the wall outside of the black box, locate the electric screen switch. Press down to lower the screen.
- Remove the 15 pin cable from the cabinet drawer.
- Connect your laptop, using the cable, into either the PC2 input plug on the Extron panel, or the PC1 input plug on the wall. If you are using a Mac laptop, you may need to use your VGA adaptor.
- Plug your laptop’s power cord into the power socket on the Extron panel.
- If you wish to connect to the Internet, plug your Internet cable into the Internet connection plug on the Extron panel.
- Turn on your laptop.
- On the Extron panel, press the PC button corresponding with where you plugged in the cable (PC1 or PC2). Even if this button is already lit, deselect and then reselect it now.
- On the Extron panel, press the Auto Sync (or Auto Image) button in the lower right hand corner. This will center your display on the screen.
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen —
On Windows, hold down the following laptop keys simultaneously :
- The (Fn) key located on the bottom left of the keyboard, and...
- The corresponding monitor “F” key located across the top of the keyboard. The specific “F” key varies on laptops, therefore look for the ”F” key displaying two monitor symbols or labeled (LCD/CRT)
On Mac OS X, hold down the ”F” key displaying two monitor symbols (usually F7).
Display DVD and VCR:
- The DVD and VCR will automatically turn on when the system starts.
- Insert your disc or VHS tape into the player.
- On the Extron panel, press the DVD or VCR button, depending on which you want to display. Even if this button is already lit, deselect and then reselect it now.
- Adjust your volume level with the volume control knob on the Extron panel.
- Turn off your laptop.
- Disconnect the 15 pin cable from the panel and store in cabinet drawer.
- Press the DISPLAY POWER button for three seconds. Light will flash while the projector cools down.
NOTE: you will not be able to restart the system until the projector cools down. This will take approximately 2 minutes.
- Raise the projector screen by pressing the wall switch up.
- Lock the Black Box cabinet before you leave the room.