Podium Audiovisual Instructions
a guide to using your classroom audiovisual equipment
Before using the audiovisual equipment, you must attend a training session with a qualified MTS technician. Once you have completed the training you will be given access to the equipment. Call 2-4219 to set up a appointment today!
- Press and release the DISPLAY ON button on the Extron panel.
The display screen comes down and the button lights will flash while the projector warms up - this is normal.
- Wait 45 seconds. The projector will warm up. DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS ON THE PANEL BEFORE THE 45 SECONDS ARE COMPLETE.
Display Podium Desktop:
- Open the cabinet by pressing the door on the lower left side of the podium and turn on the computer.
- On the Extron panel, press the PC button, and the desktop will display on the large screen.
- Remove the 15 pin VGA cable from the cable cubby located on the top right side of the podium.
- Connect the VGA cable to your laptop. Please note, if you are using a Mac laptop, you may need to use your VGA adaptor. If you wish to connect to the Internet, please plug the Ethernet cable into your laptop. If you need audio from your laptop, please connet the audio cable to the headphone jack on your laptop.
- Plug your laptop's power cord into the power socket located on the cable cubby on the top right side of the podium.
- Turn on your laptop.
- On the Extron panel, press the LAPTOP button and the laptop image should display on the screen. Even if this button is already lit, deselect and then reselect it now.
- If the image is not centered, press the AUTO IMAGE button on the Extron panel. This will center your display on the screen.
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen —
On Windows, Hold down the following laptop keys simultaneously:
- The (Fn) key located on the bottom left of the keyboard, and...
- The corresponding monitor “F” key located across the top of the keyboard. The specific “F” key varies on laptops, therefore look for the ”F” key displaying two monitor symbols or labeled (LCD/CRT).
On Mac OS X, tap down the ”F” key displaying two monitor symbols (usually the F7).
Display DVD and VCR:
- Turn on the DVD player or the VCR by pressing the power button on the left side of the deck. Select DVD or VCR on the deck depending on which you want to display.
- Insert your disc or VHS tape into the player.
- On the Extron panel, press the DVD/VCR button and the video will display on the screen. The DVD/VCR can be controlled (play, pause, rewind, forward, stop) through the control buttons on the Extron panel.
- Adjust your volume level with the volume control knob on the Extron panel.
- Press and release the DISPLAY OFF button.
- The display screen will roll up and the display OFF light will flash while the projector cools down.
NOTE: You will not be able to restart the system until the projector cools down (and the Display OFF light stops flashing). This will take approximately 2 minutes.