Creating Accessible Forms
- All important information for forms such as form instruction, must be presented before the form itself.
- Screen readers go through the form linearly so the Submit button must be the last form element contained with a form
- Avoid using the Reset button.
- All forms should clearly indicate which form fields are required prior to the actual form inputs. Avoid cryptic hints such as the use of the asterik or different colors as the sole means of indicatng mandatory information requirements.
- Avoid format suggestions such as "00-00-0000 for date input" between form fields as this is non-focusable text and can't be read by screen-readers.