Creating and Opening a Page in AEM
Creating a Page
A note about naming conventions: short page names are generally better; aim for between 8 and 16 characters. Page names should be all lowercase letters and numbers with no spaces and no special characters. Use a hypen if needed to represent a space. For example: ‘acad-depts’.
In the Site Admin Screen, highlight the appropriate parent folder in the left pane. Click New in the toolbar.Scroll down and click New Page.
In the Dialogue Box:
- The Title field is actually the node title that identifies your page in the left pane of the Site Admin window. Fill this in as appropriate for easy recognition.
- In the Name field, enter a file name for the new page--this becomes part of the page's URL. While this field is optional, we recommend you specify it with a short file name and no punctuation.
- Choose the appropriate template. In most cases, you will use the first one in the list, the BC Default template.
- Click Create.
Opening a Page
The Test Page now appears in the Site Admin. To open it, you have several options:
- In the right pane, double-click Test Page
- In the right pane, right-click Test Page and select Edit.
- In the left pane, double-click Test Page. This will open the Test Page in Edit Mode.
When double-clicking the node in the left pane, it may take multiple attempts before the page will open in the Edit Content window.
PLEASE NOTE: After the 5.4 upgrade, it is recommended that users open pages by right-clicking the appropriate file in the right hand pane.