Stay Green over the Holidays
tips for work and home
As part of the ongoing 'Got Green?' campaign, BC's Office of Engineering and Energy Management recently shared a few quick and easy ways to help to conserve energy before leaving campus for the Christmas Holiday Break.
- Turn off items that consume electricity, such as lights and individual coffee makers, printers and copiers.
- Unplug chargers and other electronic equipment.
- Shut down computers.
- Where possible, close blinds and curtains in offices, classrooms.
- Close all windows.
- If a refrigerator is empty, raise the setting to a warmer temperature.
- In offices with thermostats, lower the setting to 55 degrees.
Small efforts collectively result in big savings, and every effort is appreciated!
You can always learn more about BC's green initiatives at bc.edu/green.
California's Consumer Energy Center also shared some energy-saving advice you can use at home, including tips on stoves, refridgerators, and holiday lights.