Tech Update: Email Upgrade for BC Faculty and Staff
In an ongoing effort to improve reliability and security, faculty and staff email will be upgraded from Monday, July 9, through Thursday, July 19, migrating email and calendar data to the Exchange 2010 server. This time frame was selected based on this typically being a quieter time of the year.
How will this affect BC faculty and staff?
Email and calendar will be available during the upgrade/mailbox moves.
- Email will still be sent and delivered as usual.
- OWA’s look and feel and functionality will improve across browsers, not just Internet Explorer.
- Immediately after the migration, Outlook users may be prompted to restart Outlook or log in again.
- Apple Mail/iCal Delegates calendar delegates may temporarily lose visibility to calendars they manage as the conversion proceeds, but will still be able to access them via OWA.
- Access to email on phones should not be affected.
Please contact the BC Help Center at 617-552-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or issues.