information technology services
Systems Administration installs, maintains, and supports the operating system software and data storage environment for all University centralized servers.
The environment currently consists of computing and data storage:
- RS/6000 Servers
- Windows (Intel) Severs
- Linux Servers
- IBM Mainframe running three logical partitions
- Several Storage Arrays supporting more than 500 terabytes of data
Systems Services Responsibilities:
- Operating system and third party software installation, upgrades, and maintenance
- Hardware configuration for new systems
- Monitor capacity and performance of production systems
- System security
- 24/7 support of servers
- Disaster recovery definition for machines
Areas of Concentration:
- Operating system improvements (e.g., Z/OS)
- Security/authentication (e.g., Active Directory)
- Storage management
- Messaging infrastructure (e.g., Voicemail and Email)
The systems team supports nearly every ITS technology project by installing and/or upgrading servers, systems software, databases, etc.
The Disaster Recovery team is responsible for designing, testing and implementing the process by which the organization resumes technology related activities after a disruptive event, whether natural or man-made.
This process involves developing and implementing disaster recovery plans including the routine off-site backup and reactivation of vital information systems in a new location.
Need help? Visit www.bc.edu/help or call (617) 552-HELP (4357).