Skip to main content
- A department submits an A&R request using the online A&R application. This involves describing the request, specifying the necessary approvers, and verifying the information before submitting it to the first approver.
- As necessary, department chairs, deans, and directors electronically approve the request.
- Upon VP approval, the submission is electronically sent to Space Planning.
- Space Planning reviews with requesting department, Dean and/or Vice President as required to determine space feasibility and program/space scope.
- If it involves capital costs, Space Planning submits program/space scope for condition assessment and/or cost estimate as required to Capital Projects Management (CPM) to secure preliminary feasibility, project scope development, and cost estimate.
- CPM submits schematic level cost estimate to Vice President to determine:
- The decision to submit to EVP for approval; and
- The priority of the project, i.e.
- Place in the following year's Capital Project Request list for consideration or;
- Immediate need.
- If approved by the EVP, CPM will develop project bid documents (if required), appropriation, and project timeline.
- If the request is limited to a simple space assignment with no capital costs and is approved by the VP and EVP, Space Planning submits the space assignment to Facilities Services for implementation.
- Final administrative approvals and priorities for A&R projects will be decided by the Executive Vice President.
- Priority for A&R projects will be ordered, high to low, according to the following guidelines:
- Required by law/insurance
- Required by safety standards
- Directly related to the support of instruction — e.g., required to begin a semester
- Indirectly related to the support of instruction