Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

Alteration & Renovation (A&R)

space planning

Submit an A&R Manage Submissions Help Document

The A&R request system provides Boston College departments an electronic form to request new space or request alterations to an existing space. It is also used to request any changes in space occupancy or utilization. Submitters specify approvers for the request which occurs electronically. There is no need to print the A&R and physically circulate it for approvals.

An A&R request is necessary to request all types of space, including new space, leased space, temporary space, swing space, swapped space, occupied space, or unoccupied space.

Once Space Planning receives the approved A&R request, it is evaluated using a number of criteria including square footage, cost, and University priorities. Space Planning works with the requesting department to identify the best possible solution. The A&R is then issued to Capital Projects Management or Facilities Services for processing.

The only kind of space change that does not require an A&R is the swapping of comparable full time office space. This only requires written notification to Space Planning. (example: full time faculty offices or equivalent staff replacements.)

Facilities related issues (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, housekeeping, carpentry, paint and locks) should be directed to: Facilities Management Work Order Request.

If you require technical assistance submitting your A&R request, please contact Daniel Riehs.

This page can be accessed at /aandr.