Summer Programs Abroad
office of international programs
BC summer programs
Summer programs offer a unique academic opportunity for students. Designed as entry-level international experiences and usually taught in English, they are also an option for those students who are not able to go abroad during the semester.
- open to all students, including non-BC students
- taught by BC faculty
- three to six weeks in length, usually beginning in the end of May or in August
- one summer program can count towards BC graduation requirements
- may count towards major/minor/core requirements
- grades appear on transcript but are not factored in GPA
- students pay summer tuition, a programs fee, and an international health insurance fee
- BC students can apply for McGillycuddy-Logue Travel Grants
EXTERNAL SUMMER PROGRAMS
Students who are interested in a non-BC summer program will not work with the Office of International Programs but should instead apply directly to the desired program. Students should contact their respective deans if they are looking to gain course credit for a non-BC summer program.