office of international programs
Boston College’s partner institutions provide unparalleled academic opportunities in nearly every academic discipline. In most cases, students can make progress in their major and minor concentrations while exploring new areas of interest and opportunities that may not be available in Chestnut Hill. BC students enroll directly in their host institution as exchange students and take courses with local faculty alongside both local and international students, immersing themselves fully in their host country’s academic culture. The Office of International Programs facilitates the transfer of credits and grades to the student’s BC record. For all questions related to academics abroad, please contact the Academic Operations Administrator.
General Academic Requirements for Study Abroad
- Students must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Students must have made good progress toward meeting core and major requirements.
- A&S students must also have completed the equivalent of one year of the language proficiency requirement.
- Some programs have additional requirements. Students should consult with their OIP Advisor for specific information.
- Summer courses abroad have different academic requirements which students should review before applying.
- Students must be in good disciplinary standing.