Office of International Programs
Dear Boston College Community:
The Office of International Programs expresses condolences and deepest sympathy to the families of victims of the Paris attacks on November 13, 2015. We stand together with the citizens of Paris, our partners in France, our students studying abroad, and the international students and scholars on Boston College's campus.
We are fortunate to confirm that all 30 students on our BC in Paris program, as well as the seven others currently studying in France on other programs, have been accounted for due to the quick work of overseas staff and partners in France.
- Boston College Ireland's "Gallipoli" website has won a 2015 Eircom Spider Award for Best in News, Publishing and Entertainment. The website highlights the Gallipoli campaign in World War I. In October the website also won a 2015 Realex Payments Web Award for Best Arts and Cuklture Website.
- Samuel Beard '16 shares his experience abroad the SSV Corwith Cramer in the Caribbean with the SEA Semester program.
- The Heights has published an article, "Eagles Overseas: A Look At Study Abroad Trends" that looks at the common threads between most study abroad experiences of Eagles Abroad.
- BC's Her Campus writer and soon-to-be Eagle Abroad Lisamarie DiOrio provides a helpful top 5 tips for preparing to go abroad! See the full post here.
- BC Professor Peter Krause of the Political Science department critiques U.S. response to ISIS as part of International Education Week 2014. See the full article from The Heights here.
- Notable study abroad alumni and recipients of the McGillycuddy-Logue Travel and Research Grant are featured in the Boston College 2014 Annual Report, p.16. Learn more about our programs in Ecuador, Kuwait and South Africa through the eyes of students. "That was awesome"!
Check out the 2015 Summer Photo and Blog Contest Winners.
The 2016 Boston Intercultural Skills Conference starts on Feb. 12. Learn more on the BISC page.
BC to Explore Study, Research in Turkey: A group of eight faculty traveled to the Republic of Turkey in June to meet with academic, political, cultural and religious leaders as part of an Office of International Programs initiative to expand research and study opportunities for faculty and students in less frequently visited countries.
- Looking to get more out of your study abroad experience? Consider enrolling in a new on-line course entitled "Reflections on Being Abroad," beginning in Fall 2015!
- Prospective and returning students: get involved in the Conversation Partner Program.