Start your study abroad journey today
Sophomores should take the first step toward studying abroad by entering the new OIP online application system and completing the 'Initial Advising Questionnaire' before making an appointment with an Advising Assistant.
Students can do this by browsing the OIP online program catalogue and clicking 'Apply Now' on any program page. Students will be prompted to login with their BC credentials and select 'yes' to create their profile.
- Notable study abroad alumni and recipients of the McGillycuddy-Logue Travel and Research Grant are featured in the Boston College 2014 Annual Report, p.16. Learn more about our programs in Ecuador, Kuwait and South Africa through the eyes of students. "That was awesome"!
- BC students studying at the National University of Ireland, Galway met Boston Mayor Marty Walsh on his recent trip to Ireland
- Students Share Moment With Pope: College of Arts and Sciences juniors Katie Rich and Ethan Mack, philosophy majors studying in Rome, shared a moment--and swapped zucchettos--with Pope Francis. Boston Globe, Boston Magazine, WBZ-TV Ch. 4, AP
- OIP in College Magazine: My Epic Quest For the Perfect Abroad Profile Picture
- OIP in the New York Times: Are students who go far away more likely to study abroad?
- OIP Outpost Retreat in Boston Magazine: A bit of here over there
Make an Appointment
The OIP online appointment system is now open! Take the first step toward studying abroad by making an appointment with an Advising Assistant.
Recommended region-specific advising will start on Wednesday, October 1st. Appointments can now be booked for all regions.
- Internship Opportunities Abroad: Interested in interning abroad? BC offers internship opportunities in three of Europe's top destinations: Dublin, Paris and Madrid.
- Prospective and returning students: get involved in the Conversation Partner Program.