Blackboard Vista System Requirements
- On PC: the recommended browsers are the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
- On the MAC: the recommended browsers are the latest versions of Safari, Firefox and Chrome
Verifying your system setup
Upon entering the Vista site, the application will automatically run the Browser Check. The browser check verifies configuration items necessary to run Vista properly on the machine you are using. Each item checked also has a link to more information that will help you resolve any issues identified. Issues are marked with a red X. You can run the browser check anytime by clicking the “Browser Check” link located at the top right side of the “My Blackboard” page. If you experience problems successfully completing the browser check email firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Vista).
Browser check configuration items
- Digital Signatures. Upon first use of the system, a pop-up will inform you that a digital certificate for the application needs acceptance by your machine. When you see this pop-up, click RUN.
- Security certificates. You will need to accept the new certificates upon first use of the system. Click Always in order to prevent this message from appearing upon future logins.
- JAVA Version. The latest version should work. Click here for help on a Mac.
- Browser Version. Vista is very particular about which browsers to use, try to use the recommended browsers and versions. This will minimize issues with using your course site.
- Pop-ups. Always allow pop-ups for this site. Vista is heavily dependent on popups.If your pop-ups are blocked, go to your browser settings to always allow pop-ups for the Vista.
- Blocked Downloads. To stop the Information bar from blocking a file in Internet Explorer from downloading click Tools on the menu bar and then choose Internet Options. Click the Security tab. First, make sure that https://cms.bc.edu is a Trusted Site. Second, when in the "Trusted Sites" zone, lower the security level to"Medium-low". Click OK/apply and restart Internet Explorer.
- Click "Tools" on the menu bar, choose Internet Options and click the Security tab.
- Make sure that https://cms.bc.edu is a Trusted Site.
- When in the "Trusted Sites" zone, lower the security level to "Medium-low."
- Click OK/apply and restart Internet Explorer.