Installing the Citrix Receiver (Windows)
the bc application server
Using the BC Application Server requires installing the Citrix Receiver (recommended) or the Citrix Client. If you have been using the Application Server using the Citrix Client, you can continue to do so. If you are a new user, follow the below instructions to install the Receiver on your Windows device.
If you are using BC Apps on Windows using Chrome on a device you have not used BC Apps on previously, please follow these additional instructions after initial setup.
The Citrix Receiver must be installed on each computer you want to use it on to access BCApps.
- Go to http://receiver.citrix.com.
- Click Download Receiver for Windows. A file called CitrixReceiver.exe will download to your computer.
- After the file dowloads, open it (if you don't see it immediately, it will be in your Downloads folder on your computer.
The Citrix Receiver Installer opens. You need to run it as an Administrator on your computer.
- Click Start (see below) to install the Receiver (this may take a few minutes).
- Accept the license agreement checkbox, then click Next.
- You may be asked to share data and usage statistics with Citrix. Choose whatever option you want.
- Click Install. The Citrix Installer will run (it may take a few minutes to complete).
- An "Installation Successful" message displays. Click Finish.
- Click the Start button on your computer, and open the Citrix Receiver (see below).
- The Citrix Receiver login window displays. Enter your BC credentials (see example below).
- Click Log On.
- The Add Account window displays. Enter bcapps.bc.edu, then select Add.
You are now ready to use the Citrix Receiver.
Removing legacy Citrix account
If you have previously used the Citrix Receiver on the device you are setting up, you will have 2 accounts listed in receiver. Remove the old account.
If this is the first time you have set up the Citrix Receiver,you don't have to do this.
- In Receiver, select the drop down next to your name, and select Accounts.
- Check the box next to apps, and select Remove.
- A message displays asking if you are sure you want to remove the account. Select Yes.
- Apps is removed, leaving only BCAppsStore displaying. Select OK.