Installing the Citrix Receiver (Mac)
the bc application server
Using the BC Application Server requires installing the Citrix Receiver (recommended) or the Citrix Client. If you have been using the Application Server using the Citrix Client, you can continue to do so. If you are a new user, follow the below instructions to install the Reciever on your Mac.
The Citrix Receiver must be installed on each computer you will use to access the Application Server.
Note: The Citrix Receiver requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X v10.6.6 Snow Leopard or later. If you have an older Mac, please contact the BC Help Center at 617-552-4357 for assistance.
- Go to http://receiver.citrix.com .
- Click Download Now. A separate tab will open.
- Click Dowload Reciever for Mac.
- A file called CitrixReceiverWeb.dmg downloads.
- Open that file from your Downloads folder.
- Click the license agreement checkbox, then click Continue.
- A file called CitrixReceiverWeb.dmg will download to your computer. A Citrix Receiver window will open (if you don't see it, it will be under Devices).
- Double-click the file Install Citrix Receiver.pkg.
- The Citrix Receiver Installer opens. Click Continue and follow the install instructions. (this may take a few minutes).
- When the installation is complete, a message displays.
- Open the Receiver from your Applications folder (see below).
- The Citrix Receiver login window displays. Enter https://apps.bc.edu in the Enter your work email or server address field. (see example below).
- Click Next.
- A login box displays. Log in with your BC credentials using the format bc\yourusername (see example below). Be sure to include the back-slash ( \ ), typically located above the Return/Enter key on your keyboard!
- Click Add Apps to select the applications you want to use. You will only have to do this one time for each application you use.
- A list of application categories displays. If you know the category of the app you want to use, select it. Otherwise, select All Applications.
- Choose the application you want to add (Mathematica 8 in the example below).
- The application(s) you selected display in the Citrix Receiver window (see below). Simply double-click the application to open and start using it.
For more help using the BC Application Server, please visit www.bc.edu/appshelp.