Installing the Citrix Receiver (Mac)
the bc application server
Using the BC Application Server requires installing the Citrix Receiver (recommended) or the Citrix Client. If you have been using the Application Server using the Citrix Client, you can continue to do so. If you are a new user, follow the below instructions to install the Receiver on your Windows device.
The Citrix Receiver must be installed on each computer you want to use it on to access BCApps.
- Go to: http://receiver.citrix.com
- Click Download Receiver for Mac.
A file called CitrixReceiverWeb.dmg will download to your computer.
- After the file dowloads, open it (if you don't see it immediately, it will be in your Downloads folder on your computer).
- Select Install Citrix Receiver Installer and follow the prompts to install the Receiver (this may take a few minutes).
- When prompted to add the BC account (see below), check Add Account, then select Continue.
- When the Citrix Receiver Add Account window appears, enter https://bcapps.bc.edu, then click Add.
- When the Log In screen appears, enter your BC username and password, then click Log On.
- If you have previously used the BC Apps on the Citrix Receiver using this device, follow the steps in the next section.
If not, you are now ready to use the Citrix Receiver.
Removing legacy Citrix account
If you have previously used the Citrix Receiver on the device you are setting up, you will have 2 accounts listed in receiver, you will need to remove the old account.
If this is the first time you have set up the Citrix Receiver, skip this section.
- In Receiver, select the drop down next to your name, and select Preferences.
- Check the box next to apps, and select the minus sign to remove the old account. BCAppsStore should be your Primary account.