Working with Files
the bc application server
AppsStorage.bc.edu is the application server's integrated storage space.
For the best possible performance, ITS strongly recommends that while working within any Application Server program, you save your files to AppsStorage.bc.edu.
- Your Apps Storage space will display as the L: Drive within Apps.bc.edu on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Faculty and staff can save up to 10 GB of data on AppsStorage, and students can save up to 1 GB.
- MyFiles is no longer integrated with the application server.
Working with Apps Storage and the BC Application Server
Working with Apps Storage Independent of Apps.bc.edu
AppStorage.bc.edu can also be accessed independently of the BC Application Server. This will allow you to easily download/store files to be used within the Application Server (example: and SPSS syntax or data file). You may also want to move files from Appsstorage.bc.edu to another location or USB drive, etc.
- Accessing AppStorage directly
- Mapping a drive to App.Storage.bc.edu
- Restoring data removed in error from App Storage
Did you use the original version of the BC Application Server? For those that used the initial version of the Application Server, ITS recommends mapping a drive and copying your previous files (saved in MyFiles) to the AppStorage space.
Working with files stored locally
The BC Application Server applications are running on servers in the data center, accessing data on your local (own) computer will cause performance to be significantly degraded.