Working with Files
bc apps - appsstorage
AppsStorage is the integrated storage space for BC Apps.
For the best possible performance, ITS strongly recommends that while working with BC Apps that you save your files to AppsStorage.
- Your AppsStorage space will display as the L: Drive within BCApps on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Faculty and staff can save up to 10 GB of data on AppsStorage, and students can save up to 1 GB.
The very first time you open an application in BC Apps, the process to initialize your designated AppsStorage (appsstorage.bc.edu) space occurs.
You will see a message window indicating your account is being initialized. Click OK.
You may need to log on again before opening up the application.
Note to users of the original version of BC Apps:
You will need to complete the initialization before you can access the AppsStorage drive directly.
Working with AppsStorage and BC Apps
Working with AppsStorage Independent of BC Apps
AppStorage can also be accessed independently of the BC Apps. This will allow you to easily download/store files to be used within BC Apps (example: and SPSS syntax or data file). You may also want to move files from AppsStorage to another location or USB drive, etc.
- Accessing AppsStorage directly
- Mapping a drive to AppsStorage
- Restoring data removed in error from AppsStorage
Working with files stored locally
BC Apps applications are running on servers in the data center; accessing data on your local (own) computer will cause performance to be significantly degraded.