Logging on and Opening an Application (Browser)
the bc application server
Before the Citrix Receiver was available to access the BC Application Server, the Citrix Client was the tool used to do so.
If you already have the Client installed on your computer and prefer to access apps.bc.edu through a browser, you may continue to do so (although installing and using the Receiver is recommended).
- Open your supported Web Browser and go to: apps.bc.edu
- Continue past the Welcome screen.
- Enter your BC username and password.
- Click the Log On button.
- From the window that displays (Figure 1), click a folder to display the available applications within that folder (Figure 2).
- To open an application, double-click the appropriate title.
- The selected application will open in a separate window, and you may begin working.
The very first time you open an application in the new version of Apps.bc.edu, the process to initialize your designated Apps Storage (appsstorage.bc.edu) space occurs.
You will see a message window indicating your account is being initialized (Figure 3). Click OK.
You may need to log on again before opening up the application.
Note to users of the original version of the Application server:
You will need to complete the initialization before you can access the App Storage drive directly.