Downloading and Installing McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i
required for all windows computers
Note: BC faculty, staff, and students can use McAfee virus protection at home. Use the instructions below to download and install it on your home computer.
On this page:
- Print this page (or save it as a PDF) for reference. Some of the steps below will require that you disconnect your computer from the Internet to prevent virus infections while your computer is unprotected.
- Download McAfee VirusScan Enterprise to your desktop. When prompted, enter your BC username & password. Save the VirusScan8.5Setup.exe installation file to your desktop. Do not install the application at this time.
- Disconnect your computer from the Internet — unplug the ethernet cable and/or disconnect from the wireless network.
- Quit out of any open applications.
To successfully upgrade your computer and stay protected, it is critical that you complete this step. If you install McAfee 8.5i over version 8.0, you will break the ePO installation and you will no longer receive automatic updates.
Learn how to uninstall:
- Close all applications before beginning this process.
- Locate the VirusScan8.5Setup.exe installer on your desktop. Right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- If installing on Windows Vista, a pop-up box may appear that reads "An unidentified program wants access to your computer." If you receive this message, click Allow.
- Wait for the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Setup to process (see Figure 1).
Note: Do not close this window, it will close on its own when the process completes.
- When the setup window appears (see Figure 2), click Next.
- Do the following (see Figure 3):
- Under the License expiry type, select Perpetual.
- Read and select I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click OK.
- Under Setup Type, select Typical and then click Next (see Figure 4).
- Under Access Protection Level, select Standard Protection, then click Next (see Figure 5).
- Click Install (see Figure 6).
- When McAfee VirusScan Enterprise setup has completed successfully, make sure the Update Now and Run On-Demand Scan options are not selected and click Finish (see Figure 7).
- If you are prompted to restart your computer, select Yes.
If you are not prompted to restart your computer, restart your computer by clicking the Start button, then clicking Shut Down. From the drop-down list, select Restart, then click OK.
- After restart, reconnect your computer to the Internet.
- You can now delete the VirusScan8.5Setup.exe installer icon from your desktop.
- Check the VirusScan icon in the Taskbar. If it appears to have a red circle with a line through it, then call the BC Help Center at 617-552-HELP.
- Right-click the VirusScan icon and select Update Now. If you are not able to run the Update, call the BC Help Center at 617-552-HELP.
- Right-click My Computer on the desktop and select Scan for Threats. The scan may take as long as an hour to complete.
- If your previous settings excluded files or folders from the On-Access scan, re-add them to the exclusions list after restarting.