Adding a Printer from the BC Network
mac os x
To add a printer from the BC network using Mac OS X:
- Log in to your computer as an Administrator.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Double-click the Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) icon.
- Underneath the list of available printers already on your Mac, click the plus (+) sign.
- To add a printer using IP (Internet Protocol):
- On the top menu bar, select IP.
- From the Protocol drop-down list, select Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
- In the Address box, enter the printer name followed by ".bc.edu"
Note: The printer name should be on the front of the printer. If it is not, contact your Technology Consultant (TC).
- In the Name box, enter a descriptive name for the printer (for example, Color Laser Printer), so you can identify it in the Printer pop-up menu.
- From the Use drop-down list, select a printer model.
- Select a model name from the models listed and click OK.
- Click Add.
- Select your printer's options from the list, then click OK.
- The Printer List window appears with all the names of the printers you added. Your default printer is listed in bold text.
- To change your default printer, select the printer you want from your Default printer drop-down list.