BC Network Frequently Asked Questions
connect to bc
If you have trouble connecting, try restarting your computer or device.
Does your device keep switching to BostonCollege instead of eduroam?
Windows Computers - Trouble connecting?
Some Windows computers require configuration before connecting to the upgraded network.
- Connect to the “BostonCollege” wireless network.
- Go to helix.bc.edu and select “Download Windows Configuration Software” and then install the software.
- Next, follow the steps to connect.
VoIP Desk Phones
- Reboot your VoIP phone by disconnecting and reconnecting the Ethernet cable.
How do I manually register devices?
Some devices must be registered manually (game consoles, media players, and Smart TVs), and will need to use the "BostonCollege" wireless network. Learn how to manually register these devices.
I thought BC already had eduroam. How is this different?
Eduroam was previously only available in select locations on campus. Now eduroam is available throughout the campus, and has replaced the bcsecure wireless network as BC's secure wireless network. Learn more about wireless access at BC.
What should I do before changing my BC Password?
- If you connected to BC’s “eduroam” wireless network on other devices, open the network settings on these devices and "forget" the eduroam wireless network. This will help to prevent you from being locked out of your BC account temporarily, as those devices may attempt to use the old password to connect to eduroam.
What happens if I change my BC Password?
- On Campus? When you change your BC Password, this will disconnect you from the BC wireless/wired network within 2 hours of changing your BC Password, and you will be prompted to enter your new BC Password.
- Off Campus? You'll be prompted to login to the BC Network with your new BC Password the next time you try to connect to the BC Network.
- NOTE: Always use your email@example.com (don't forget the @bc.edu) when connecting to the BC Network.
Call the Technology Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357), contact our live tech support chat (M-F 9am-5pm),
or bring your laptop or device to the Walk-In Help Desk in O'Neill 316.