Setting up eduroam for Macs
eduroam for Macs
Follow these steps to set up eduroam for Macs.
BC ITS strongly recommends completing the setup and testing eduroam on the BC campus before traveling abroad.
- Click System Preferences.
- Under Internet and Wireless, click Network.
- If eduroam displays under Network Name, select it. If not, select Join Other Network...
- Click Show Networks.
- Select eduroam, then click Join.
- When you request access to eduroam, BC ITS will provide you with a password. When prompted, enter your BC User ID in the format firstname.lastname@example.org and this password (not your usual BC password) into the appropriate fields.
After clicking OK, the Network window will show you as connected to eduroam.
Please do not set eduroam as your preferred wireless network. BCSecure should be the preferred wireless network for members of the BC community while on campus.