When Windows "Home" versions are not recommended at BC
On this page:
- When are Windows Home versions not recommend at BC?
- What version of Windows do I have on my computer? (from Microsoft help)
- How do I upgrade my version of Windows?
If you are using Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows Vista Home, please be aware of the following:
- Home versions do not support a multi-lingual user interface.
- Home versions do not let you join the BC domain. If you need access to on-campus servers and BC printers, you need to join the BC domain. You do not need to join the BC domain to print to the Libraries (i.e., remote printing). Note: Students can access the web and most BC online services (Agora Portal, MyFiles@bc, etc.) by just connecting to the BC wireless or wired network, so it's not necessary to join the BC domain.
If you need a multi-lingual user interface or need to join the BC domain, BC recommends you upgrade to Windows 7 Enterprise or Windows Vista Enterprise.
Faculty and Staff
- Contact your Technology Consultant (TC) to help you get an upgrade. Who is my TC?