Connected Backup Service (formerly Iron Mountain)
ITS offers a remote, automated backup of faculty and staff computers using a product called Connected Backup by Autonomy (formerly owned by Iron Mountain). Users of the service are offered automated backup of their computer and have the ability to recover files from any location using a web browser.
NOTE: If your department would like an ITS representative to come by to speak about Connected Backup and demonstrate its use, please contact the Help Center at (617) 552-HELP (4357).
Update: Iron Mountain Connected Backup was purchased by Autonomy. If you use this service at BC, an updated version of Connected Backup software was updated on your computer. The new version has the same functionality, and now works with Lion, the latest Mac Operating System (Mac OS 10.7). No action is required on your part, but you may notice the name change.
- Get started with Connected Backup: Windows | Mac
- After registering and installing Connected Backup: Windows Quickstart Guide (PDF) | Mac Quickstart Guide (PDF)
- Standard Account Registration: Windows | Mac
- Multimedia Account Registration: Windows | Mac
- What's the difference between a standard and multi-media account?
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Technical FAQ - This page is intended for technology support staff (TCs, etc) and other computer savvy members of the community.
Retrieve files and manage your account
- Account Management page: Windows and Mac