Frequently Asked Questions
bc google apps
Google Apps at BC
- What is Google Apps for Edu?
- How was Google Apps for Edu chosen?
- How is Google Apps for Edu different from my personal Google?
- Is my BC Google account separate from my personal Google account?
- Can I use Google Drive?
- Is my email and information at Google Apps kept private and secure?
- Will I see ads when I am using my BC Google Apps?
- Will Google search our email for marketing purposes?
- What languages are supported by Google Apps?
- Which web browsers can I use with Google Apps?
- How much storage do I have on Google Apps for Education?
- What is the maximum size for email attachments?
- Why did the move to Google happen in June?
- What moved from Exchange and what didn't?
How do I?
- How do I reset my Secondary Password?
- How do I forward my BC Gmail to another account?
- How do I configure Outlook or Apple Mail for email?
- How do I configure my mobile device to access email and my calendar?
- How do I configure the BC Directory to work with my email app?
- How do I access my "interactive" group email account?
- How do I manage other people's email or calendars?
- How do I schedule “resources” through the calendar?
google apps at bc
What is Google Apps for Edu?
A set of web-based communication and collaboration tools that includes Email, Calendar, Drive (create, share, collaborate, and store files), Sites (easily create personal websites), and Chat (text or video chat with other Google Apps users).
How was Google Apps for Edu chosen?
The decision to move to Google Apps for Edu was made following the successful move of students to Google in June 2013, and in collaboration with the Academic Technology Advisory Board (ATAB), The Office of the Provost, Directors, Department Contacts, and Vice Presidents.
How is Google Apps for Edu different from my personal Google?
Personal or consumer Google accounts have different user agreements. BC Google Apps for Education has specific, BC-negotiated terms, and no ads.
Can I use Google Drive?
Yes, but be sure to read the best practices related to data security and Google Drive on our Google Help site.
Is my email and information at Google Apps kept private and secure?
Yes, the email data is owned by BC - not Google. Google is simply a service provider. These and other concerns have been addressed by BC’s contract developed and executed by BC legal counsel and Google.
- Learn about Google Apps, security, and privacy.
- Storing confidential data? Be sure to read the best practices related to data security and Google Drive.
You have an unlimited amount of space to store files in Gmail, Google Drive, and Google + photos.
The decision to move to Google in June was made in consultation with Deans, Vice Presidents, and Department Contacts. June was selected in part to minimize disruption during the academic year. It is difficult to select a date that works for every department on campus. After the date was selected, we worked with departments who indicated it would be a difficult time and either moved them as part of the Early Adopters on May 12, or arranged to provide extra assistance to them on June 16.
||Migrated to Google Apps?
|Email (including folders and subfolders)
For more details about what moved, contact the Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.