Frequently Asked Questions
campus groups documentation
- Can I add people who don't have BC email addresses to Campus Groups?
- Will I see my class lists and advisee lists in Campus Groups?
- Can I update pre-built groups like Course Groups or Department Groups?
- Can I share my groups with others?
- Can I share the maintenance of a group with others?
- How do I send an email to a Campus Group?
- How can I report a problem or ask a question about Campus Groups?
No. You cannot add non-BC email addresses to your group. If you want to create a group that includes non-BC email addresses, create a listserv mailing list.
Yes. Course Address Groups and Advisee Address Groups will be available to instructors/students on the My Groups page in Campus Groups.
No. You cannot update pre-built groups like Course Groups or Department Groups.
Yes. When you share a group with others, you are giving them access to view and communicate with the group. This does not grant them administrative access. Only you can update or delete a group you create. Note: You cannot add non-BC addresses to Campus Groups. If you want to create a group that includes non-BC email addresses, create a listserv mailing list.
Yes. For Administrative Groups, you can assign multiple BC people to maintain the same group. Group administrators can create, update, and delete groups. They can also grant update access to others within the same department. Note: All group members can view and use the Administrative Group.
When creating the group, select "Emailable." Then, use the name of your group (i.e. username.groupname) and add "@bc.edu" to the end (for example: "email@example.com"), then add it to the "To," "CC" or "BCC" field of your email. Note: Groups have limited listserv functionality. If you require a monitored and/or a restricted mailing list, request a traditional listserv mailing list.
If you are experiencing problems or need help using Campus Groups, please call the Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357).