Keeping Your BC Email Address after Graduating
lifetime email forwarding
Do you want to keep a BC email address after graduating?
With lifetime email forwarding, you can have one "@bc.edu" email address that remains constant throughout your life. This email address is not an email account, but BC will forward email sent to your "@bc.edu" address to your personal email account. As long as you update BC with your current personal email address, you will continue to receive email through your Boston College forward-only email address.
You can set up email forwarding either before or after your BC email account is deactivated.
Before your BC email account is deactivated
To set up email forwarding (before your BC email account is deactivated):
- Sign in to your BC Gmail account at: g.bc.edu
- Set up forwarding to a non-BC email address.
The forwarding address listed will be transferred to the Alumni Online Community "Email for Life" forwarding system.
Note: By default, all email sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org will be forwarded to this non-BC email address.
- If you want to keep any of your saved emails, email folders, or contacts, copy them to a non-BC email account. Access to your saved email, email folders, BC Google Account (g.bc.edu), and Agora Portal will not be available after the deactivation process.
After your BC email account is deactivated
Please remember that access to your saved email, email folders, BC Google account (g.bc.edu), and Agora Portal will not be available after the deactivation process. Therefore, it is recommended that if you want to keep your BC email address active, make sure to set up email forwarding before your email account is deactivated.
To set up email forwarding or to change your email forwarding address (after your BC email account is deactivated):
- Don't have a BC Alumni account in Agora Portal?
Please register using the Alumni Online Registration system. Once registered, go to Step 2.
- Already registered for a BC Alumni account in Agora Portal?
Sign in to Agora Portal using your BC username and password.
Forgot your username and/or password? Reset your password and/or request your username.
- Under “Account and Personal Info,” click Email Services.
- In the Current Email Address box, enter your non-BC email forwarding address.
- Under "Create/Change your BC Email for Life Address," select or enter the BC email address you would like to use.
Note: By default, your email@example.com is automatically set up to forward to your non-BC email address. This step allows you to select a second BC email forwarding address.
- Enter your BC password & click Update/Confirm.
It may take 10-15 minutes for the email forwarding to begin.
- Wait 15 minutes, then test the email forwarding by emailing yourself at your BC email address.
Questions about email forwarding for alumni?
Contact the Alumni Online Community Support Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.