Keeping Your BC Email Address after Graduating
lifetime email forwarding
Do you want to keep a BC email address after graduating?
With lifetime email forwarding, you can have one "@bc.edu" email address that remains constant throughout your life. This email address is not an email account, but BC will forward email sent to your "@bc.edu" address to your personal email account. As long as you update BC with your current personal email address, you will continue to receive email through your Boston College forward-only email address.
You can set up email forwarding either before or after your BC email account is deactivated.
Before your BC email account is deactivated
To set up email forwarding (before your BC email account is deactivated):
- Sign in to your BC Gmail account at: g.bc.edu
- Set up forwarding to a non-BC email address.
The forwarding address listed will be transferred to the Alumni Online Community "Email for Life" forwarding system.
- If you want to keep any of your saved emails, email folders, or contacts, copy them to a non-BC email account. Access to your saved email, email folders, BC Google Account (g.bc.edu), and Agora Portal will not be available after the deactivation process.
After your BC email account is deactivated
To set up email forwarding or to change your email forwarding address (after your BC email account is deactivated):
- Sign in to the Agora Portal using your BC username and password.
- Click Email for Life.
- Enter the email address that will receive your forwarded email.
- Select an "@bc.edu" email address from your "Current Boston College Email Address" options or use the "Create your own BC Email Address" option. NOTE: You will not be able to choose your "firstname.lastname@example.org" address because that email address will be automatically assigned to you once you select an email address or create your own email address.
- Click Submit.
It may take ten to fifteen minutes for the email forwarding to begin. Please test the email forwarding by emailing yourself at your BC email address after fifteen minutes have elapsed.
Please remember that access to your saved email, email folders, BC Google account (g.bc.edu), and Agora Portal will not be available after the deactivation process. Therefore, it is recommended that all graduates of BC who want to keep their BC email address active, set up email forwarding before their email account is deactivated.
Questions about email forwarding for alumni?
Contact the Alumni Online Community Support Assistant at email@example.com.