Group Health Programming
If you are an RA or RD, Student Organization, Faculty or Staff member, or a group of friends and would like to request a program, our talented Health Coaches will come to you to lead an interactive workshop on any of the topics below.
When you request a program, we ask that you:
- Make the request at least two weeks before the program date. We will be back to you within two business days to finalize the date of the program.
- Get a minimum of 5 participants to attend. We provide flyers for you to promote the program.
- Communicate any changes in needs, logistics, or preferences for the program with us.
- Understand the format of these programs require at least 30-45 mins to fully participate in the small group setting (not conducive for stop and go)
- Meet the facilitator(s) at the location at least 10 minutes prior to the program.
**Please note: If the program does not begin within 10 minutes of the scheduled time or if there is low attendance, the facilitator(s) reserve the right to cancel the program and reschedule.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students who participate in a group health education program will have an opportunity to reflect on their current health.
- Group health education programs will increase students' knowledge specific to each specialty area (health topic) covered.
- Group health education programs will increase students' readiness to change (in the direction of adopting healthier behaviors).
- Students who participate in group health education programs will be able to identify at least one strategy they learned to improve their health as it relates to the subject covered.
- Students who participate in a group health education program will be able to articulate at least one resource available to support them in improving their health.
- Students who participate in a group health education program, will rate their Health Coaches as knowledgeable, competent in presentation and group facilitation skills, and effective in creating a non-judgmental learning environment.