New Graduate and Professional Student Checklist
The Office of Graduate Student Life has created a checklist to help you manage all of the important matters we think you should attend to as you prepare for arrival in Boston and at Boston College, and begin to make your new life here. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have as you gear up for this next phase of your academic and life journey: email@example.com; 617-552-1855.
- Save the Date for New Graduate and Professional Student Orientation
- Check to see when your Department/School's orientation will take place
- Get acquainted with campus with these Campus Maps
- Locate Housing
- Find Assistantships, Internships and Part-Time Work
- Visit Your Agora Account: Agora is BC's online data system - you'll probably use it a lot during your time here. You can log on to Agora to confirm your student account information, including contact information, financial aid, registration, email, etc. Your username and password will be sent to you over the summer. Please contact your individual school if you do not receive this information over the summer.
- Learn more about graduate financial aid
- Familiarize Yourself with Important Deadlines:
* Also check out the BC Academic Calendar for important information
about when classes begin, breaks, exams, etc.
- Obtain Your Eagle-One Card: Your Eagle One card is your BC identification card. You will need this card for on-campus printing, admittance to some BC events, and for various student discount programs offered in the area. You can pick up your ID in Lyons Hall.
- Add funds to your Eagle-One Card card and save 10% on all on-campus dining
- Complete and mail in your required immunization forms
- Register for classes
- Apply for Your BC Parking Permit
- Purchase an MBTA T Pass at an 11% discount
- Order textbooks (course syllabi may be found when you log onto your Agora account, see above)
- Purchase a Computer
- Purchase tickets to cheer on the BC Eagles
- Join the Plex (BC's Gym)
- Get to Know Boston College: You'll find an Overview, Quick Facts, and History of BC on the University's website.
- Get to Know Boston
- Resources specific for international graduate students
- Visit the Murray Graduate Student Center
- Get Involved with the Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- Get to know Boston!
- Follow us on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts!