Apply to be an Orientation Leader
First Year Experience
Thank you for your interest in the Orientation Leader position! Below is some important information to read through if you are considering applying to the role for the summer of 2018.
- You must currently be a freshman, sophomore or junior at Boston College.
- You must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- You must be able to participate in the Orientation Leader retreat & training, and all seven Orientation sessions:
- Orientation Leader Retreat: May 22 - 24
- Orientation Leader Training: May 29 - June 1; June 4 - 7
- Orientation Sessions:
- Session 1 June 10 - 12 Sun., Mon., Tues.
- Session 2 June 17 - 19 Sun., Mon., Tues.
- Session 3 June 24 - 26 Sun., Mon., Tues.
- Session 4 July 8 - 10 Sun., Mon., Tues.
- Session 5 July 15 - 17 Sun., Mon., Tues.
- Session 6 July 22 - 24 Sun., Mon., Tues.
- Session 7 August 19 - 21 Sun., Mon., Tues.
OL Application Steps:
- Make a plan. Take a look at the OL application form, consider who your want to ask for recommendation letters, and reflect on the two brief essay questions.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to ask for letters of recommendation. Have your recommenders submit their letters online at: goo.gl/Dey3E6
- Attend a mandatory information session to learn about the position and get your questions answered. Yes, these really are mandatory. Submitted applications for individuals who have not attended an information session will not be considered.
Information Session Dates
Tuesday, January 23 @ 4:30 PM in Devlin 101
Wednesday, January 24 @ 4:30 PM in Devlin 101
Friday, January 26 @ 3 PM in Devlin 101
- Fill out and submit the OL application form by Friday, February 9 at 5 PM. Your two letters of recommendation are due that day, as well.
- Don’t be shy about having questions. Feel free to swing by the FYE Office in Rahner House (96 College Rd) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at an information session!