48HOURS Point Guards
First Year Experience
What is a Point Guard?
On each 48HOURS weekend, six sophomores join the team as Point Guards. Their role is to make sure the program runs smoothly, from organizing the bus trip on Friday evening to taking the group picture on Sunday morning. They work with the directors of the program to anticipate all logistical needs and help maintain morale and enthusiasm throughout the weekend. They also check in with first-year students to see how they are doing. The Point Guards are critical players on the leadership team.
What do I need to become a Point Guard?
- Point Guards must have a great attitude -- positive, enthusiastic, cooperative, and willing to work very hard.
- Point Guards must support the philosophy of the 48HOURS program.
- Point Guards must like interacting with people.
- Open the 48HOURS Point Guard Application page
- Click Apply to be a Point Guard
- Log-in with your BC credentials
- Complete the leader application form. You may select Save Application to Finish Later if you are unable to finish the form in one sitting. Once you have completed the form, click Final Review where you will see your completed application. Click Apply to be a Point Guard to submit your application.