information for junior and senior women
REACHING NEW HEIGHTS
Ascend is a program for first-year (freshmen) women through the Center for Student Formation where participants have an opportunity to meet new peers, engage in meaningful conversations about life at BC, and connect with upperclass women mentors. The program consists of weekly small group meetings (2 leads, 8 first-year women) facilitated by junior and senior women, small group activities, optional program-wide events, and one off-campus overnight. The program launches in the spring semester, but Leads will start preparing and training during fall semester.
As an Ascend Lead, you will meet weekly with your small group of first-year women, build community, plan small group activities, and talk about the shared experience of being women at BC. Boston College women have the opportunity to build a great experience. Be a part of helping our first-year women reach new heights!
LEAD APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN IN SEPTEMBER 2018.
Please check back in the fall for application information and deadlines!
Information for Leads (Juniors & Seniors)
Applications for Ascend Leads (Junior & Senior women) will open in early September 2018.
Ascend Leads commit to:
- Recruiting and selecting first-year participants (weekday evenings in October/November)
- Participating in an overnight Leads Retreat (Fri-Sun, October 19-21, 2018)
- Co-facilitating a weekly 90 min. meeting with your group of first-year women (Jan-April)
- Planning 1-2 small group activities with your group of first-year women (between Feb-April)
- Participating in an all-program overnight with first-year women (Sat-Sun, January 26-27, 2019)
- Attending Friday Leads Summits (approx. once/month from October-April)
- Attending optional program-wide events throughout the spring semester (Jan-April)