a leadership opportunity for current graduate students and staff
Retreat Director applications for the 2016-2017 academic year are now closed. The application deadline was Friday, December 4, 2015.
Please check back in Fall 2016 for Retreat Director applications for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
What is Halftime?
Halftime is a three-day retreat for undergraduate students that is sponsored by the Center for Student Formation. It is an opportunity for students to step back from their busy lives to think about how their major and future career fit in with who they really are. We invite them to take time away to gain a stronger sense of purpose as human beings, as students, and as men and women beginning to make life choices. They will reflect on their past and look towards their future by exploring such questions as: What brings me joy? What am I good at? Who does the world need me to be? Click here to learn more about Halftime.
What is the Retreat Director position?
The Retreat Director position is a volunteer opportunity open to Boston College graduate students and professionals. The Retreat Director will prepare a team of 8 undergraduate student leaders for a Halftime retreat. Retreat Directors are responsible for: building a team and training, mentoring, and preparing student leads for the retreat.
The Retreat Director will work closely with the Halftime Coordinator during the retreat and will continue to be the number one resource for the lead team throughout the weekend.
What are the benefits to you as Retreat Director?
• Meet other graduate students and professionals with similar interests and share in the training process with them while continuing your own vocational journey
• Make connections with a group of dynamic undergraduates and the Boston College community as a whole
• Gain a deeper understanding of Boston College
• Meet faculty and administrators from all areas of the university
• Further develop training and leadership skills
• Finally…spend a free weekend away!
Time Commitment and Dates:
As a Retreat Director you would commit to be available:
- 1.5-2 hours per week from December 2015 to April 2016 for Retreat Director training/information sessions with the Center for Student Formation staff
- 2 hours per week in the eight-week period before the retreat for leadership team training and preparation
- 45 minutes per week in the eight-week period before the retreat for check-ins with the Halftime Coordinator
- At various times between February-April to help interview applicants for student leaders for the 2016-2017 Halftime retreats
- Lead an overnight retreat for your Lead team prior to the Halftime Retreat
2016-2017 RD Openings (tentative dates):
*Date for 2016-2017 Halftime Retreats will be determined shortly.
"Directing Halftime was not only a great way for me to connect with undergraduates doing the kind of work I hope to do in the future, it was also a phenomenal way to get to know people from other schools and share from our different experiences. The entire process made me feel more of a part of the BC community, and it is something that I am so glad to have done."
If you have any questions regarding this position or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org